Driver LicensingCommercial LicensingMotorcycle LicensingOther LicensingDefensive DrivingRoad SafetyTraffic Offences
Other Licensing
Type Of Business Licence
Business Qualifications
Liquor Licence
Alcohol Licensing Fees
Business Approvals
Smart Serve Training
Type of Liquor Licence
Marriege Licence
Licence Requirement
Licence Office
Foreign Divorce
Pilot Licence
Private Pilot licence
Licence Requirements
Pilot Licence FAQ
Foreign Divorce Requirements
Foreign Divorce Requirements
The Marriage Act requires that where a former marriage was dissolved or annulled in a jurisdiction other than Canada an authorization must be obtained from the Minister of Consumer and Commercial Relations before a marriage licence can be issued.
To obtain the authorization, the following documents must be forwarded to the Office of the Registrar General:
  • A marriage licence application fully completed and signed by both parties.
  • A copy of the decree of divorce or annulment certified by the proper court officer in the jurisdiction the divorce/annulment was granted. If the decree is in a language other than English or French, a certified translation must be provided.
  • A Statement of Sole Responsibility for each foreign divorce and signed by both applicants.
  • A legal opinion of an Ontario lawyer, addressed to both applicants, giving reasons why the divorce or annulment should be recognized in the Province of Ontario. For specific information regarding the contents of the opinion letter, contact the Office of the Registrar General.
The above documents must be forwarded to:
Office of the Registrar General
P.O. Box 4600
189 Red River Road
Thunder Bay,Ontario
P7B 6L8
Att: M.A.M

After receiving authorization from the province, the document must be submitted to our office along with the application form, licence fee and any other applicable documents (see Marriage licence requirements).

Inquires regarding the authorization process should be directed to the Office of the Registrar General at any of the following numbers:

Toll Free within Ontario
Toll Free within Toronto
Direct Line
Forms may be picked up at any civic centre office.
The Driver Permit Strudy Guide
The Driver's Permit Study Guide
The Computerized Licensing Test Study Guide
The Computerized
Study Guide
The Motorcycle's Permit Study Guide
The Motorcycle's Permit Study Guide
The Truck's Permit Study Guide
The Truck's Permit
Study Guide
CAA Driver Training
CAA Driver Training Where Driving is for life
Tony's Driving School
Copyright © 2009 CEC Inc. All Rights Reserved.