Driver LicensingCommercial LicensingMotorcycle LicensingOther LicensingDefensive DrivingRoad SafetyTraffic Offences
Traffic Offences
Collision Reporting Center
Criminal Offences
Drinking Consequences
Drinking and Driving
Highway traffic Act
Impaired Driving
Licence Reinstatement
Property Claim
Red Light Cameras
The Demerit Points
Traffic fines
How to Reinstate Your Driver's Licence

If you are a suspended debtor to the Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Fund (the Fund) and you would like to have your driver's licence reinstated, you must either:

  • repay your account with the Fund in full by forwarding a cheque or money order payable to the "Minister of Finance", or;
  • enter into a satisfactory repayment agreement by completing a Repayment Application.
Your application, completed in full, must include:
  • proof of income and expenses (for example, pay stubs, tax return, receipts, etc.)
  • a copy of the Ontario Certificate of Insurance which your insurance company must file with Fund, if you own a motor vehicle
  • Notice of Collection of Personal Information form
  • Application for Restoration of Driver's Licence form
Once the Fund has received and approved all the required documentation, and has received your first repayment, the Fund will ask the Ministry of Transportation to lift the suspension registered against your driver's licence.
Affidavit in support of application for settlement
In certain circumstances, the Act provides for accepting partial settlement on outstanding debts from people indebted to the Fund. Proposals for settlement are reviewed by the Fund's Settlement Committee to determine if they meet pre-set criteria to qualify for settlement.
In such cases, an Application for Settlement form should be completed, and returned to the Fund with the following:
  • copy of last Income Tax return filed with Revenue Canada as well as proof of current income, assets and expenses
  • explanation of why paying the entire debt would cause undue hardship
For more information about applying for accident benefits, please contact:

Claims Coordinator
Financial Services Commission of Ontario
Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Fund
5160 Yonge Street, P.O. Box 85
Toronto, Ontario M2N 6L9
Tel: (416) 590-7038 or toll-free 1-800-268-7188
The Driver Permit Strudy Guide
The Driver's Permit Study Guide
The Computerized Licensing Test Study Guide
The Computerized
Study Guide
The Motorcycle's Permit Study Guide
The Motorcycle's Permit Study Guide
The Truck's Permit Study Guide
The Truck's Permit
Study Guide
CAA Driver Training
CAA Driver Training Where Driving is for life
Tony's Driving School
Copyright © 2009 CEC Inc. All Rights Reserved.